Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your home or business in Houston suffers from water damage, you might stand there feeling completely confused on what steps to take next. The first step to take is to ensure that you and others on your property are out of harm's way. The next step to take is to call our SERVPRO of Town & Country team as quickly as possible! A water loss can quickly progress into further, more extensive damage.
While you wait for our team to arrive at your home or business, take a few seconds to read through our Water Damage Tips to learn more about what steps you can take!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (713) 461-2700
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.