Finding Mold in your Spring Valley Home
Texas can be a naturally humid area. Fungus is natural and can be found everywhere even in Spring Valley. It becomes a problem when it begins to grow indoors and can be very devastating to structure and contents.
If you think you may have found Mold Spores or another fungus in your home there are some steps you can take.
- First you want to be sure that it is mold through testing, it is possible what you are seeing could be a different microbial growth. Many different types of bacteria and fungi can cause microbial growth. To be sure you should get a Mold Test. Testing for fungus will let you know exactly what it is. A mold test should be conducted by professionals who have specific experience in testing for mold spores.
- If you find Mold in your home. Contact an Environmental Hygienist. It is an Environmental Hygienists job to maintain an acceptable standard of environmental quality that includes that includes a clean and potable water supply, clean and safe air, efficient and safe waste disposal, and even protection of food from biological and chemical contaminants. This person will be able to conduct proper tests and lead you in the right direction in order to get your pesky problem handled with in a safe and timely manner. There are also many remediation and removal companies in Texas that will come out and conduct the proper tests. They will also be able to let you know how bad you problem is and begin the process of removal. The time it takes for complete removal depends on many factors as how much is present, where it is growing and the materials it is growing on. Most removal/remediation takes anywhere from 1 day to 5 days.
Preventing Mold Spores in Your Home
Make sure there is not a water leak. Mold can only grow in moist and humid environments. You can also be sure to reduce indoor humidity to decrease growth. You can do so by venting bathrooms, dryers and other moisture generating sources out of the house, use air conditioners and dehumidifiers, increase overall ventilation and use exhaust fans whenever cooking, washing dishes and cleaning.
Clean and dry and damp or wet furnishing and building materials within 24-48 hours of becoming wet in order to prevent growth. Make sure areas that normally do condensate like windows, floors and exterior walls are kept dry on a regular basis. Do not install carpet in areas where you know moisture is present like kitchens and bathrooms.